||WHEN TO USE
An Innovation Champion is a manager or professional who has the expertise, credibility and self-confidence to guide and coach others in helping to build innovation capabilities in the organization.
||WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers and Professionals who want to lead innovation projects and teams by applying principles of innovation using new tools and techniques for greater personal and professional outcomes.
A unique passion and perseverance to make a difference by risk taking, unconventional thinking, and a drive to succeed.
||WHAT THIS SESSION PROVIDES
The Innovation Champion Development Program with on-going monthly support, aims at enhancing the three attributes of expertise, credibility and self-confidence, enabling the Champions to utilize the wealth of innovation resources available to them.
CHAMPION DEVELOPMENT: INNOVATION CHAMPION DEVELOPMENT
CUSTOMIZABLE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM 3-6 MONTHS
Innovation Champion Development recognizes Innovation Champions are critical to the success of innovation inside organizations. Every organization needs individuals who are focused on innovation and the ever-changing environment in which we conduct business.
THE CUSTOM 3-6 MONTH PROGRAM IS DEDICATED TO DEVELOPING THE BEST CHAMPIONS POSSIBLE. THIS PROGRAM IS CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR NEEDS AND INCLUDES MANY OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- Design and assume accountability for innovation implementation plans for each BU
- Measures and milestones for the plans
- Putting structures and processes in place to support ingraining innovation day-to-day
Designing Sessions and Meetings
- Consider Size – Style – Approach - Time
- Articulate challenge questions in advance of these sessions
- Customize the Focus – Diverge – Converge – Plan process based on the challenges, the team and other aspects of the situation
- Coaching Meeting Leaders: The expectation is that most of the meetings will not be facilitated by the champions, but instead led by other brand members with coaching from the champion
Sharing Insights and Best Practices
- Share stories of both success and failure across the business units and brands to accelerate organization-side learning and innovation.
- Communicate common cross-function challenges and opportunities with leadership
Support Individuals and Teams
- Support individuals and teams in selling and championing ideas
- Help Idea Owners build Idea Briefs and provide guidance as required
- Coach leaders and others on modeling and supporting a climate for innovation
- Identify and help influence innovation enablers and disablers
Transferring and Transitioning
- Work on transferring and transitioning the knowledge, skills and ownership of Innovation to the rest of the organization
- Become a Champion caliber Innovation Leader in your organization to drive innovation for intelligent, organized and sustainable growth
- Help develop new products and services for your organization
- Learn Innovation Tools for facilitation
- Strengthen business knowledge by working with diverse teams and experts
- Expand your professional network